Microsoft Sharepoint Web Parts
Facebook Timeline Web Part
|Facebook Timeline Web Part |
- Download the Facebook Timeline Web Part Installation Instructions (PDF file)
- Deploy the feature to your server/farm as described in the instructions.
- Navigate to a page and add the web part to the appropriate zone. The web part is listed in the "Amrein Engineering" web part gallery section
- Configure the Web Part properties in the Web Part Editor's "Miscellaneous" pane section as described below:
- Facebook Timeline: Enter the Facebook Timeline to be displayed
- Web Part Height: enter the height in pixels
- Web Part Width: enter the height in pixels
Please enter a comment below if you have problems with the installation, want to give feedback or have suggestions for improvements:
Technical Support Contact Information
|User Comments|| Post a Comment |
|Roberta Freese |
|Hi Juerg! Is there a possibility that the next version will support Facebook groups? They use a groupID in the URL after "groups" and a group is kind of different from a page. Thanks for the web part!|
accessing a closed Facebook group is currently not supported by the Facebook web part and would require some specific programming (actually creating a different web part from scratch) to solve the authentication problem.
|Sammy A |
|Is there any way to make this webpart have a flexible width (like with the Twitter webpart)? I tried putting in -1 for the width but that didn't seem to do the trick.|
the web part actually by default has a flexible width (although it can not be narrower than 180px and wider than 500px).
Please thus set the "Web Part Width" to its maximum of "500".
Please also note that if you interactively make the browser window smaller, you then also need to do a page refresh (eg. the Facebook Timeline only calculates its dimensions when the page is loaded).
|Sammy A |
|That did the trick! Thank you so much for the quick response and wonderful webpart.|
|Using Sharepoint Online. There isn't a "Miscellaneous" pane. Only Appearance, Layout, and Advance.|
The Miscellaneous section is restricted by permission of SharePoint Online. Can you please check your permission level on this site.
If you find that you cannot resolve an issue using the above tools, our Technical Support staff will be ready to handle your technical support needs. You can reach our staff by phone or by email.
Phone: +41 (0)62 823 75 75 (9am - 5pm GMT)
Fax : +41 (0)62 823 75 74
© 2017 AMREIN ENGINEERING AG