SharePoint Toast Notifications
|SharePoint Toast Notifications |
The Toast Notification SharePoint solution lets you centrally manage notifications and alerts targeted to all users or specific user groups.
It reads entries from the included SharePoint List (located in the root site) and displays notifications targeted to either selected groups or all users during the specified time window as configured for each notification.
The solution can be used on SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online/Office365.
|Toast Notifications Solution
Sandbox Solution for SP 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office365/Sharepoint Online
|Toast Notifications License Key
per Frontend Server or Online Tenant
- Download and unpack the AESBNotifications.zip file.
The ZIP archive contains the AENO_Notification.wsp, EULA.txt and VersionInfo.txt files
- Login as a Site Collection administrator on the site collection(s) where you need to install this feature.
- Navigate to "Site settings/Web Designer Galleries/Solutions".
- Upload the unzipped Sandbox Solution (AENO_Notification.wsp)
- After uploading, click the "Activate" button.
- Now the solution will create (on first activation only) the SharePoint list needed to store the Notifications. The operation will take about 7 to 10 seconds, so please wait until you get the below prompt:
"List successfully created! Listname: AENO_Notifications"
- The "AENO_Notifications" list ist located in the site collection root web.
Navigate to: "Site Contents/AENO_Notifications" to start adding notifications to the list.
Notification Configuration :
If you have opened the list as described above, you are ready to add new items.
The fields to be filled-out are:
- Title: The text displayed by the toast popup notification (HTML formatting is supported).
- StartDate: defines the start date/time form which the toast will be enabled.
- EndDate: defines the endt date/time form which the toast will be disabled.
- Audience: if left empty, all users will get the notification,
If you specify a SharePoint group, only the group members will get the notification
- Type: Sets the alert type (background color).
You can add your own types by expanding the "Type" column definition (eg. adding #RRGGBB or HTML color names as needed).
- UserID: please leave this field empty (the field is used to store the users who have clicked away the toast in order to not get this notification again).
General Notification settings:
You can override some general Notification default settings (positioning, refresh rate, license Key etc.) by opening the "General Settings" popup window as described below.
PLease note that you need to be logged in as a farm or site collection administrator in order to change any settings.
to open the general settings, append the below string to the page URL in the browser's address bar:
If the url already contains a question mark, please rather use
The following parameters can be configured and will be applyed to all Users:
Note: There is a fixed included delay of 7 seconds until the toasts appear when opening a page.
- Refresh rate: defines the intervall in seconds to refresh the alerts.
- Toast Width: Toast width in pixels .
- Toast vertical offset: The offset from the top of the screen in pixels of the top toast.
- Toast horizontal offset: The offset for all toasts in pixels from the right hand screen edge.
- License Key: opens a dialog box to enter your license Key.
If no key has been entered, the toasts will display an "Evaluation version" message.
Please enter a comment below if you have problems with the installation, want to give feedback or have suggestions for improvements:
Technical Support Contact Information
If you find that you cannot resolve an issue using the above tools, our Technical Support staff will be ready to handle your technical support needs. You can reach our staff by phone or by email.
Phone: +41 (0)62 823 75 75 (9am - 5pm GMT)
Fax : +41 (0)62 823 75 74
© 2016 AMREIN ENGINEERING AG