Exchange, Outlook & Sharepoint Resources
Exchange Resource Center Home
|KAI for Microsoft Exchange
|KAI for Microsoft Exchange allows messages handled by Microsoft Exchange to be deposited to, located in, and retrieved from an archive system (FileNET, SER). Additionally, any form or folder may be archived according to criteria such as time, status, et al. Administration is easily managed from a central location.
KAI may be configured through the use of its many parameters.
-Every formula may be assigned to a document class of the archive
-Exchange fields may be assigned to archive indices
-The desired formula
-The form in which an archived message is kept in Exchange (as message without attachments, just meta-information or nothing)
-Contents of hit lists of queries
With KAI, the userís workspace is uninterrupted. The Outlook client contains three additional actions: archive, retrieve, search.
The archiving process runs automatically as a background task. If the user needs an archived message, it is retrieved.
- Archiving of messages with change control history and versioning
- Automatic archiving through the use of a background task
- Formula specific, optional parameters for archiving and retrieval
- Automatic conversion of file attachments into PDF or TIFF format
- Storage of meta-information
- Powerful query facilities to locate archived messages
- Simple message retrieval
- Exchange may retain partial message information even after the archiving process
The absence of a standard interface for the transmission of data into archive systems makes producer-specific middleware necessary. KAI for Exchange is that software.|